What to Bring

Fishing License

Harbourside Lodge is an IAP (Independent Access Provider) and we can provide tidal water fishing licences and salmon stamps at our store. For any non-residents this means that you can get your licence which includes Halibut fishing.

For Canadian residents you can purchase your licence online from home at:

DFO:  National Recreational Licencing System


Please bring a large cooler to store your fish. Ice is available at Harbourside and fish packaging is available in Bamfield, however you will need something to bring your limit of fish home in.


Bamfield is situated on the west coast of Vancouver Island where the weather can sometimes be a bit unpredictable. Include in your clothing bag a good set of rain gear and warm clothing. Lots of layers will keep you warm when its cool out.

Other …

Sunscreen & SunglassesCamera Equipment

Day Pack