What To Bring

Fishing License

Harbourside Lodge is an IAP (Independent Access Provider) and we can provide tidal water fishing licenses and salmon stamps at our store. For any non-residents this means that you can get your license from us. This includes Halibut fishing.

For Canadian residents you can purchase your license online at DFO’s  National Recreational Licensing System. Note this is a federal license for saltwater, not a BC license for freshwater. You will need to purchase a salmon stamp at the same time you buy your license in order to catch and retain salmon. The license includes Halibut fishing.

FishingBC Mobile App

Get the free Fishing BC mobile app on your iPhone or Android device. This app provides you the most up-to-date tidal/saltwater fishing regulations for all species of fish and other sea life (Crabs, shellfish, etc.). It also provides a way for you store a digital copy of your license, a species guide (if you still have trouble telling the difference between a coho and a spring, for example!), and a place to log your catches. This is an indispensable app for serious anglers!


Please bring a large cooler to store your fish. Ice is available for purchase at Harbourside Lodge, and fish packaging is available in Bamfield at Mills Landing, just next door to Harbourside Lodge. However, you will need something to bring your limit of fish home in.


Bamfield is situated on the west coast of Vancouver Island where the weather can sometimes be a bit unpredictable. Make sure you pack a good set of rain gear and warm clothing. Lots of layers will keep you warm when it’s cool out.

Other Items

  • Sunscreen
  • Sunglasses
  • Camera Equipment
  • Day Pack